2. Our Commitment to Privacy
(1) Qtechbuilder is committed to controlling the collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided by its customers.
3. What is Personal Information?
- (1) “Personal information” is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and e-mail address and includes information about your product and/or service subscriptions and usage, credit information and billing records, and recorded complaints. Personal information also includes the information that a client posts to the website about their legal matter, including the facts of the case, the parties involved, the location of the events, and any uploaded documents pertaining to the legal matter (the “Legal Information”).
(3) Personal information is collected by Qtechbuilder only when you specifically and knowingly choose to provide it to us such as when you subscribe to Qtechbuilder’s services.
(4) Publicly available information, such as a public directory listing of your name, address, telephone number and electronic address, is not considered personal information.
4. Collection and Use of Personal Information
(1) Qtechbuilder collects and uses your personal information primarily for the purpose of providing you with the products and/or services you have requested from us.
(2) Your personal information is also used to communicate with you about your account and to provide you with information related to other services. You always have the option, however, to be excluded from receiving offers for other products or services.
(3) Qtechbuilder may also contact you from time to time to conduct market research and surveys in an effort to continually improve our product and service offerings.
(4) Unless you specifically authorize us to release your personal information, or release is required or permitted by law, Qtechbuilder will not sell, lease or trade your personal information to other third parties.
(5) Anonymous or “non-personal” information gathered by Qtechbuilder through our web site may be used for technical, research, revenue generating, and analytical purposes. For greater certainty, revenue generation purposes includes selling non-personal information only to interested third parties. Information collected through surveys, existing files and public archives may be used by Qtechbuilder to analyze their markets and to develop or enhance service offerings.
(6) Qtechbuilder will only ask for information about you that we need and will only ask for it when we need it. When we ask you for the information, we will explain to you why we need it and what we are going to do with it.
(7) We will seek your prior consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the information as required by applicable privacy legislation. Subject to legal and contractual requirements, you can refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of information about you. You may also withdraw your consent to any further collection, use or disclosure of information about you at any time by giving us reasonable notice. If our intended disclosures or uses of information change, we will notify you accordingly.
(8) Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose without your consent.
5. Collection and Use of Legal Information
(1) Qtechbuilder does have access to and may monitor Legal Information posted to the website by a client.
(2) The Legal Information is stored in our database and may be provided to lawyers using our website to assist them in determining whether they can provide you with legal services.
(3) Qtechbuilder will not use the Legal Information, for any reason other than as described herein, except as specifically authorized by you or as required by law,
To enable us to more efficiently provide the products and/or services you have requested from us, Qtechbuilder may share your personal information with selected third parties who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers. Such third party service providers are provided only with such information as is necessary in the circumstances. Information provided to third parties may be used only for the purpose stipulated and is subject to strict terms of confidentiality.
(1) Qtechbuilder uses a browser feature called a cookie to collect information anonymously and track user patterns on Qtechbuilder’s web sites. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web site. “Cookies” contain a unique identification number that identifies your browser, but not you, to our computers each time you visit one of our web sites. Cookies tell us which pages of our web sites are visited and by how many people.
Qtechbuilder will try to ensure that information about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, please inform Qtechbuilder to whom you provided your information of any change of name, address or other information. In the event you have questions about the accuracy of factual information we have collected about you, you will have access to that information in order to verify and update it. If we have disclosed inaccurate information about you to a third party, we will be pleased to contact the third party in order to correct the information.
(1) If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information or if you simply want to know whether we have any of your personal information on file, you may contact our office. Except in limited circumstances, as specifically provided by applicable privacy legislation, Qtechbuilder can tell you whether they hold personal information about you. They can tell you the source of the information, allow you access to your personal information and find an account of the use that has been made or is being made of the information and the third parties to which it has been disclosed.
(2) Qtechbuilder will only refuse access to information about you in those circumstances permitted or required by applicable privacy legislation. If Qtechbuilder refuses access to you, it will provide you with the reasons for its refusal upon request. Exceptions may include information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, and information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. Qtechbuilder will respond to your requests for access in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
11. Questions or Concerns
(2) Qtechbuilder has procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about its handling of personal information. They will describe the complaint procedures to anyone who makes inquiries or lodges complaints.
(3) If you are not satisfied with the response from our office after making a complaint, you may have recourse to additional remedies under applicable privacy legislation. For further information, please contact the federal Privacy Commissioner or your provincial Privacy Commissioner, as applicable.
13. Ten Principles of Fair Information Practices
(2) Identifying Purpose. Qtechbuilder will identify the purpose for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected. The purposes for which information is collected, used or disclosed by Qtechbuilder must be those that a reasonable person would consider are appropriate in the circumstances.
(3) Consent. The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where consent is not required by privacy legislation as, for example, where the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is solely for journalistic, artistic or literary purposes.
(4) Limiting Collection. Qtechbuilder shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the company. Personal information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
(5) Limiting Use; Disclosure and Retention. Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected.
(6) Accuracy. Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
(7) Safeguards. Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
(8) Openness. Qtechbuilder shall make readily available to its customers specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
(9) Individual Access. Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information except where Qtechbuilder is permitted or required by law not to disclose personal information to the individual customer or employee. An individual customer or employee shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information disclosed to him or her and have it amended as appropriate.